Call for Volunteers
Film Africa Festival, London, 2 – 11 November
Film Africa is the Royal African Society’s annual festival celebrating the best African cinema from across the continent and diaspora. Established in 2011 with the remit of promoting a better understanding of Africa through film, every year Film Africa brings diverse London audiences a high quality and wide-ranging film programme accompanied by a vibrant series of events, including director Q&As, talks and discussions; professional workshops and master classes; school screenings and family activities; and Film Africa LIVE! Music nights.
The 2018 festival edition will take place in venues across London from 2 – 11 November. We’re looking for enthusiastic people to join our Volunteer team and help out with the following tasks:
- Distributing Film Africa fliers at key locations and events around London ahead of the festival
- Meeting and greeting Festival guests and audience members
- Point of contact for queries from the public
- Stewarding at Film Africa events
- Gathering audience evaluation
- Distribution and collection of Audience Award postcards
- Arrangement of Festival brochures and merchandise
- Coordination of speakers’ refreshments
- Mic running during post-screening panels and Q&As
- Live tweeting from post-screening panels and Q&As
- Any other duties as required
Volunteers are expected to do a minimum of 5 shifts over the ten days of the festival, and will also be required to attend a 2-hour Volunteer Induction the week before the festival (18 October, 18:00 – 20:00 at 36 Gordon Square, London WC1H 0PD).
In your application, please also state if you will be available to volunteer at our stall at Africa on the Square, Sat 27th October, either 12pm-3pm OR 3pm-6pm.